Monday 7 March 2016

COFFEE STAINING

Hi all,
I have made this project to try to stretch my mixed media muscles a little....
I am inspired by the Mixed Media Place blog.
This months challenge Exercise # 17 in the Creative Gym is to use 'Coffee' in your project as a medium. This is my entry.


I was really inspired by one of the Design Team (thanks Janka)
She combined purple & blue with the brown coffee colour.
The combination is perfect. Her journal pages are awesome! 
Check them out via the link above.

In my journal I had swiped some purple & turquoise izink on an empty page after finishing another project, so had a base of the colours I wanted to combine with coffee brown.

Over this base I swiped on Prima Heavy Gesso using the new Prima Texture Brush & Tools. 
This absorbed the colours & lightened the page. 
I next applied Art Basics Light Modelling Paste through the Tim Holtz Dot stencil.
Then the Harlequin stencil was used with Gathered Twigs & Antique BronzeDistress Spray Stains.

I mixed Mini Art Stones with Light Sand Texture paste & swiped through a Finnabair stencil.  Randomly applied more Art Stones & mini Art Stones over surface with Prima Soft Matte Gel.

Brewed coffee was then dripped over project which gave the lighter brown colour.
Love how the project smells!

Espresso paint dabber was used for highlights & splatters of all colours used.

The letters were stamped on thin cardboard with Coffee Archival Ink, cut out and applied with 3D matte gel as the surface was very textured.
Rock candy Distress Crackle was applied to the letters & randomly across the page giving a slightly shiny wet look in areas.


I Love the randomly spread mini art stones & the way they have absorbed the coffee & ink.
Bye for now,    Deb


3 comments:

  1. love caffee too. Thanks for playing with Mixed Media Place Creative Gym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning work in your art journal!!Coffee addict too and i love it!!Good luck thanks for sharing in MMP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just FABULOUS!! Wowzers, I love how you have interpreted the theme! Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Place xx

    ReplyDelete