Friday 7 November 2014

Comfort in your fathers arms. Creative Process


I only had time to post one photo of my creation yesterday, so I could enter it in the Finnabair Blog Hop & Comfort Challenge.
I took some photos as I was making this and so would like to share some of my creative process.


I started with a backing of framer's matt board. 14.5 x 11 " Distressed & inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink & Wendy Vecchi Background stamp.
Papers used from Prima Sunrise Sunset Collection 12 x 12.


I fussy cut and layered scallop strips from 'Aura' Lace strip paper to fill in 14.5" side.
I distressed & inked edges with punches, distress tool & Vintage photo distress ink. I double stitched around 12 x 12 lace paper base, attaching a strip of real cream lace to right side edge.


I blotted and splattered base with black tea & sprayed a mixture of tea & left over gold Color Shine,  then glued down with 3D Matte Gel. Leaving distress edges raised.

 Close up of beautiful edges.


Primed surface with Clear Gesso.


Printed off & cut out Title from heavy cardstock. Coloured with tea mix & D Inks.


Cut Strips of leftover papers, prima printed canvas sheets, & tattered banner strips I had in my stash. Distress & ink the edges.  Collect an array of embellishments and lace.


I had to use inkjet photos, so protected them with soft matte gel. Has given them a hazy smoky look. Ok with it. Looks cool. I mounted my photos on kraft heavy cardboard. Distressed & inked edges. 


Used Tim Holtz flourish stencil with mixture of crackle pastes above. 
Finally layered paper & fabric strips in cross hatch pattern. Applied with Soft Matte gel.


Metal and other embellishments applied with 3D Matte Gel.
Light spray and splatter using Colour Shine & Lindy Stamp Gang Sprays.
Final highlights with Frosted Mica Flakes and Platinum Glass Glitter.


Close Ups

Thanks for reading. I would appreciate any feedback as these are my very first blog entries.

Cheers,   Debbie Adams

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog. Fantastic piece too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie wanted to say congratulations on your new blog. And your fabulous first piece. This is truly amazing. Pretty work, lovely embellishments.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sending hugs from Monica.... Spain

    ReplyDelete